What is a Freight Bill Analysis?
We provide a free, no-obligation freight spend analysis through a three-step process. We simply receive a sample of freight bills, our engineering team goes to work on a comprehensive analysis and prepares the results for your review, including actionable cost reduction items and a proposal from PLS to help you manage the process.
How a Freight Bill Analysis can help you:
The FBA can identify opportunities for freight savings through a comprehensive LTL RFP process and carrier optimization balance with local, regional and long-haul carriers. It can also help in other areas including reduction in expedited expenses, etc.
- PLS Logistics Services will develop a baseline of your current costs
- Measure your baseline against what we can obtain in a comprehensive RFP (request for pricing) freight bid to carriers
- Measure your baseline against our blank pricing in a comprehensive RFP
- Offer suggestions for additional savings such as reduction in expedited freight expenses, freight classification changes, frequent shipment consolidation, etc.
- Possible review of potential accessorial charge waivers or reductions
- Potential benefits of a freight all kinds “FAK” rating
- Frequent shipment consolidation
- Absolute minimum charge reductions
- Reduced labor costs by consolidating carriers at the dock
- Clerical time reduction through TMS efficiencies
What does a freight analysis include?
- Improving your bargaining power
- Leveraging the latest technology
- Reducing freight costs and operational requirements
- Improving control and shipment visibility
- Lower costs with inbound vendor management
- Discovering how your current pricing programs match with similar shippers
- Consolidated invoicing to reduce accounting and AP expenses
- Gaining expertise with a dedicated PLS account team
- Receiving transportation reports to manage more freight cost-effectively